|PROSITE documentation PDOC00751
Mannitol dehydrogenases signature
The following dehydrogenases have been shown  to be evolutionary related:
- Mannitol-1-phosphate 5-dehydrogenase (EC 126.96.36.199) (gene mtlD), which
catalyzes the NAD-dependent reduction of mannitol 1-phosphate into fructose
- Mannitol 2-dehydrogenase (EC 188.8.131.52) (gene mtlK), which catalyzes the
NAD-dependent reduction of mannitol into fructose.
- Mannonate oxidoreductase (EC 184.108.40.206) (fructuronate reductase) (gene
uxuB), which catalyzes the NAD-dependent reduction of fructuronate into
- Escherichia coli hypothetical protein ydfI.
- Escherichia coli hypothetical protein yeiQ.
- Yeast hypothetical protein YEL070w.
As a signature pattern, we selected a conserved region located in the central
section of these enzymes.
November 1997 / Pattern and text revised.
PROSITE method (with tools and information) covered by this documentation:
|MANNITOL_DHGENASE, PS00974; Mannitol dehydrogenases signature (PATTERN)
|Sequences known to belong to this class detected by the pattern:
|Other sequence(s) detected in Swiss-Prot:
|Matching PDB structures:
||Schneider K.-H., Giffhorn F., Kaplan S.
||Cloning, nucleotide sequence and characterization of the mannitol dehydrogenase gene from Rhodobacter sphaeroides.
||J. Gen. Microbiol. 139:2475-2484(1993).
PROSITE is copyright. It is produced by the SIB Swiss Institute
Bioinformatics. There are no restrictions on its use by non-profit
institutions as long as its content is in no way modified. Usage by and
for commercial entities requires a license agreement. For information
about the licensing scheme send an email to
View entry in original PROSITE document format
View entry in raw text format (no links)